2. Join
  3. Sign In

Model Sites that have PBL

Shawn C. Petty
Rank

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2014-08-12

PM

Great webinar today. I am looking forward to this series. I am very curious about exemplary sites out there that have implemented PBL and really have a culture around it. Maybe folks could post here and we could share best practices.

katalystcg
RankRank

Total Posts: 47

Joined 2014-06-05

PM

Thanks Shawn.  I would be interested in the same information.  Can anyone share what they are doing or direct us to other programs who are successfully implementing Project-Based Learning.

Johanna
Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2014-06-05

PM

Hello Shawn and Kathleen. In Greenville, Texas we have used PBL in many of our classes from Raspberry Pi/Virtual Mentorship to ACE SpACE, and Tool Time.Tomorrow we beginning a year long project with our partners at Cooper Lake State Park in Citizen Science. We plan on using a PBL approach to allow the students to determine the direction and focus of the projects. I have 5 of our ACE Sites participating with students in grades K-12. The YMCA is also coming with us so they can implement it at their centers for all the students in Hunt County. Super excited about the training as it is coming “Just In Time.” Thank you for all you do for kids.