Online Professional Learning and
Technical Assistance for
21st Century Community Learning Centers
  1. Contact Us
  2. Join
  3. Sign In

Why should a teacher invest their time to ensure there is a quality driving question to guide their activity?

katalystcg
RankRank

Total Posts: 47

Joined 2014-06-05

PM

Please post your answers as a reply.  Thank you!  I look forward to seeing you on next weeks webinar.

Kathleen

Reinaldo S
Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2015-09-08

PM

A quality driving question will narrow the students focus and helps them identify what the problem is and how they can solve it with the resources they have available.

apmuniz
Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2015-08-11

PM

It is important for teachers to invest because it enables teachers to bring out the best in each student.

katalystcg
RankRank

Joined 2014-06-05

PM

Thank you for those responses.  Anyone that was on Webinar #2 want to share?

Angela H - FL HSHT
Rank

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2015-09-09

PM

First, a good driving question will help the facilitator and the students stay focused when planning the project.  It is a little like a mission statement in that we can refer to it when brain-storming to stay on track and within the parameters of our question.  Then, during reflection time, the same quality driving question will help the group evaluate the project success.

katalystcg
RankRank

Joined 2014-06-05

PM

Well put Angela and I like that you recognize that driving question will help students reflect on their experience and performance at the end of the activity.  I will be talking more about reflection during Webinar 4.

Kathleen